We collect information about our Site users in several ways, including through cookies, registration, and emails sent to us via our Site. We generally collect two types of information about users: personally identifiable information, and non-personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally identifiable information lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for an account, requesting a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums or other public areas, follow our progress, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form or as otherwise directed on the Site. You can always decline to provide such information to us –it is your choice, and you are under no obligation to provide personally identifiable information to us. However, if you decide not to provide such information, then you may not be able to participate in, or request certain goods, services, information, or materials from, this Site.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Our information collection for personally identifiable information includes the following:
- We require users who request items from our Site to register on our Site as a registered user of our Site and to provide us with a name, telephone number, email address (if they have one), postal address and zip code.
- If you request a product or other educational materials through our Site we will require you to provide us with the above information plus your delivery details.
- If you send us email messages, you will automatically provide us with your electronic mail address, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in the text of your message or any attachment.
- We may also collect personally identifiable information from you at other points on the Site that state that such information is being requested.
We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and aggregated basis.
- We collect and store from all visitors to our Site, whether they actively provide us with information or merely browse our Site, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer they are using, the browser software they use and their operating system, the date and time they access our Site, the internet address of the website from which they linked directly to our Site, and other similar information. We use this type of information to track Site usage, to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our Site and to help us make our Site more useful, including to help diagnose server problems or other Site administration issues. Except with respect to orders for our educational materials as provided on the Site, we do not link IP addresses with personally identifiable information.
- Web-crawlers such as Google® or Yahoo® may collect information through our Site.